Building Community with Class Shirts


One of the foundations in my classroom at the beginning of the year and all year long is building community.  I often refer to our class as our school family.  We spend a lot of time together and I want my students to treat each other with love and respect like a family (well - not the arguing sibling kind of love but you know what I mean).  Having a strong classroom community helps to lay the foundation for the many cooperative learning activities that are ahead of us.

One way I have found to do this is with a class shirt.  When everyone is wearing the same shirt there is a sense of team, community, a united front.   They are perfect to wear for Field Trips, special events, and Spirit Days.  At the end of the year (or during the holidays) they make a great gift for the class too.


If you are ready to get class shirts, I'd like to recommend you check-out A+ Images.  This shirt company specializes in shirts for the classroom (and they have super cute teacher shirts too)!


A+ Images offers a wide variety of shirt options for the classroom.  My absolute favorite is the Classroom Faces shirt.  
  


Each student draws a picture of themselves and writes their name on a template provided by A+ Images.  The templates come in 3 sizes so worries about your littles not being able to draw a small picture.  Once the pictures are done, just send them off to A+ Images and you get a fabulous, personalized t-shirt that is guaranteed to be a hit!  Here's our class shirt from last year.

Note:  These shirts were not printed by A+ Images

When the kids got the shirts for the first time they were so excited.  It was like a treasure hunt as each of them looked for themselves and their friends.

A+ Images also has a Design Your Own Shirt feature.  Using their simple and easy to use online program you can upload your own images or use theirs to design the perfect shirt for you.  I had the opportunity to use this program earlier this summer and this is what I came up with:



I'll be the first to admit I was a little hesitant after I created the shirt.  I was worried that I would get the shirt and there would be a big, giant "iron on" on the front.  You know - the kind that is rigid and doesn't move very easy.  When I got the shirt I was so impressed.  No giant iron on and the quality was AMAZING!  The colors were bright and vivid, and the shirt was thick cotton and well made.  Overall a fantastic product from a great company!

Before I sign-off for today I just HAVE to tell you about one other shirt feature they have - TEACHER shirts!  I don't know about you but I love wearing a fun teacher shirt.  They have shirts for all grade levels and school positions.  Here's just a few of my favorites:

Our team bought this shirt in royal blue and white.  We got so many compliments each time we wore it!




I can't say enough about how great the shirts from A+ Images are.  The quality is amazing, their speedy order time is fabulous and the customer service is top notch.  Definitely all the qualities of a company I like to do business with.  I really hope you will check them out!