Happy 1st Birthday to this little blog of mine

Well, one year ago today I wrote my first official Teaching in Blue Jeans post.  Quite frankly, I'm not sure why I waited until 2 weeks before school started to start a new project like a blog.  But I'm glad I did.  In the last year I have had lots of fun, met lots of amazing teachers, and been able to share some of my ideas with others.  What I like even more than all of that, is that this blog makes me think about my teaching and me as a teacher.  I think in the last year I have learned to be more purposeful in my plans, actions and words.  I know that I wasn't always consistent in my blogging - but hey I was teaching kindergarten for the first time!  This year I hope to be more consistent and share even more of my ideas that worked and those that didn't!

If I was going to have a real birthday party today I would probably ask

I love Buddy and Cake Boss!
to make my cake.  I think something like this
Check out the name by the pocket!  This is
totally my cake!  This amazing cake is made
by Amelia at CakeFu.
Click the picture to see more of her amazing work!!!
would be just perfect for the occasion!  But since that isn't likely to happen I thought I'd celebrate by giving back to you - those who actually visit me in my little corner of cyber space.

To celebrate this little blog birthday I thought a birthday freebie was in order.  Last year I didn't do a lot (other than talking it up) about birthdays in my classroom.  I want that to change this year.  I have this Class Birthday Book that I am planning to do for my students birthdays.  For those kiddos that celebrate in the summer I am trying to decide if we celebrate half birthdays or if we do the book some time during the year and I hold it and mail it to them in the summer.  Not sure yet.  What do you think?


To grab a copy of this book, just click on the picture above.  I hope you are able to use this book to make birthdays more special in your classroom. 

THANK YOU for finding me and following me in the last year.  The journey is just beginning and I can't wait to see where year 2 goes! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday