What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Stay in Vegas


I am sure you probably tired of hearing me say how great Vegas was.  This was my first teaching conference outside my school district and I LOVED it!  One of the things that I was looking forward to the most was learning from many of the people that helped me get through my first year in kindergarten.  If you know me, you know that I love Teachers Pay Teachers and the amazing resources you can find there.  At the conference I was able to attend sessions by people whose TpT resources I use in my classroom!  That's first hand training!  Here's just a few of the people I got to meet and learn from.  All of these ladies are fabulous presenters and had so much knowledge to share. 


There were many other sessions that I loved and I can't wait to share more about what I learned.
 
Another highlight of the trip was meeting so many bloggers that I follow.  There really are real people behind all those amazing blogs.  On Tuesday night I was fortunate to attend the Blogger Meet-up organized and hosted by Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants and many of her blogging friends.  It was a great evening of fun and I even won a door prize from the amazing Shari Sloan!  Here's just a couple people I got to meet on Tuesday night.
 
 
 
But I think the best part of the week was the new friends that I made.  I knew that traveling alone I had to do one of two things - put myself out there or hang out alone in my room.  I went with the first option and I am so glad I did.  On Sunday night I met up with a few people who were all traveling along.  Ended up spending the week with these gals and made some friendships that will last! 


I am on the left.  Next to me is LC from thebeezyteacher.  LC is teaching in Germany and she came all the way to Las Vegas for the conference.  Next in line is Michelle from North Carolina.  She teaches transitional kindergarten and recently started the blog Journey into TK.  Standing in front of Michelle is Tracy, also from North Carolina (they actually teach at the same school).  Tracy also just started her blog Tales of a Kindergarten Classroom.  Up next is Susan from Teaching Doodles.  Susan came all the way from the United Arab Emirates.  She teaches about an hour and a half outside Dubai.  She teaches English, Science and Social Studies to the local children.  Next to Susan is Elizabeth from Kickin' it in Kindergarten.  Elizabeth is from Tennessee.  Last but not least is Holly from Indiana.  She writes Mrs. Ehle's Kindergarten Connections.  Each of these ladies is so amazing and genuine!  I loved all the time we hung out together and can't wait to see them again!

I would highly recommend attending this or another conference.  It was fabulous!  I have to say thank you to TpT and everyone who has supported me there.  I would not have been able to attend without that!  My TpT earnings is how I paid my way. 

Can I just say that I am ready for back to school - mentally that is!  I haven't been back to my classroom yet so there is still lots to do.  But I am getting excited to meet my new kiddos and start a new year!