July Currently

Wow - I can't believe that July is already here!  Last month I started linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade and her monthly Currently linky party.  I just love reading about what everyone is up to!  Here's my Currently for July!


Yes, I am currently LISTENING to the water sprinkler in the backyard.  I love the new little "system" that the hubby rigged up this year with a timer and multiple hoses.  While we sleep the yard gets watered.  For those of you that are thinking "wow - that's kind of weird" let me explain.  I live in Texas and we are in a constant state of drought - or so the experts say.  We have been on year round water restrictions for the last couple years.  How does that play out for me - we can water our yard one day a week on our assigned day - Thursday. However, we cannot water between the hours of 10 am and 8 pm.  If you are caught watering on another day you are fined.  So in the past, hubby was setting his alarm every 2 hours to get up and move the water during the night.  A few years ago we had to replace the grass in our backyard and don't want to do that again!  So now water in the backyard goes on at midnight on Thursday morning (Wednesday night) and waters through the cycle.  Then on Thursday night front yard cycle runs starting at 8 p.m.  Ta - Dah!  The next best thing to a full sprinkler system.  (Sorry - didn't mean to get so long winded on the sprinkler!)

I am LOVING this summer.  I was telling the hubby the other day how this summer feels different.  I am actually able to relax and working on both school and house stuff with a good balance for fun and family time!  Why - my guess is this:  This is the first summer since I started teaching that I am not changing grades or schools.  A little consistency goes along way!

I have I Teach K on the brain and have been doing lots of THINKING about that!  I can't believe that in just a little over a week I will be there.  I am so excited to learn from other kindergarten teachers and even more excited to meet up with many teachers I have only "met" in blog land!  If you are going to I Teach K in Las Vegas please let me know!  I'd love to meet you in person!

This WANTING thing was kinda hard this time.  I feel really blessed and content right now.  But as I look around the office I am seeing my half completed clean up job.  This room was CRAZY!  I started working on it yesterday and made lots of progress but there is still more work to be done.  Is it too much to wish for those helpful little elves to just show up one night???

NEEDING was pretty hard because things are good!  But this summer I am really reminding myself that its all about balance.  Last summer was lots of work and not a lot of fun.  Hey - I was getting ready for my first year in kindergarten!  This summer my goal is to work on something in the house, something for school/blog and have some family time everyday!  Overall I think its going well.  Some days it's just house, some just school and some just fun.  Much more balance than last year.

I don't feel very qualified to give blogging TIPS or TRICKS since I am fairly new and my blog got majorly neglected this last year.  But here it goes - when I get a blog post idea I don't always have time right then to blog about it.  So, I go and start a new post with the topic idea in the title line.  I save it as a draft and then leave it there until I have time.  Then when I go back I can look through my post list and see the idea I have.  This helps me to keep from forgetting or sitting at my desk going "I know I had something I really wanted to share on my blog - what was that???"

I hope you are having a great summer too! 

Labels: