Calling all Conference Experts!

If you follow my Facebook fan page you know that I have posted a little about going to I Teach K next week in Las Vegas.  (If you don't follow on Facebook you are missing out!  Click here to see my Facebook page.)  Well, I am so excited that I can hardly stand it.  I feel like a little kid a few days before Christmas.  I am traveling by myself to the conference and started off a littler nervous about this part.  But I have been connecting with other teachers and bloggers who are going alone too and we are already planning to meet for dinner the night we get in so we can start the process of making new friends.  This will be my first ever teacher conference.  If you have ever been to a teacher conference then I need your help.  Here's what I'm doing to ready but I honestly don't know if there is anything else I should be doing.

1.  Conference Notebook
The conference organizer, SDE, sent a link with all of the conference handouts.  My original plan was just to download them on my iPad so that I would have them.  Although I love my iPad, I wasn't completely convinced that I wanted to take all my notes digitally.  I love technology but I am just not there yet.  Then I saw this great post from DeeDee Wills on making an I Teach K notebook!

Click the picture to visit her page and see this post!
That was exactly what I needed.  So I started printing out my handouts and getting them organized.  Then I ran across this from Fran at Kindergarten Crayons and she took it even one step further! 


Click the picture to find out all about her conference notebook!
Both of these amazing ladies have offered freebies in their posts.  So I downloaded and printed.  As I started putting everything together I quickly realized this was going to be huge!  (Note to Self for next time:  Have it printed 2 sided to!) I decided to divide it up into 2 sections so that I wasn't carrying around a huge notebook everyday.  I have a Monday/Tuesday notebook and a Wednesday/Thursday notebook.  I also create my own cover that really represented my personality.  If you would like your own copy of this cover (without my blog button on it) just click the picture to download it for free. 

This is my final product after getting them bound at Office Max.  (Yes, while I was there I did grab this week's Back to School deals.  If you missed that post click here!)

2.  Packing
The clothes are folded and I am ready to start adding them to the suitcase.  I am wondering if I pack today, will Sunday come faster?  I've done some asking about what to wear and the consensus is dress comfortably.  Everything from dresses, to capris, to blue jeans.  Many people also told me to bring a sweater because the conference rooms can get cold.  I am packing all of the above and some nice shorts for the evenings too.

3.  Necessary Details Done
I am registered for the conference, I have a plane flight and I have a reservation for my hotel.

4.  End of  the Week Fun Done
The hubby is joining me on Thursday afternoon for some fun for the rest of the weekend!  We have our show tickets to  Cirque de Soleil and David Copperfield.  We also have a reservation for dinner at Tom Colicchio's restaurant Craftsteak.  (I'm a huge Top Chef fan!)

Other than that I am not sure what else I should be doing.  Please help this conference newbie!  If I am missing something please let me know.

Are you going to I Teach K in Las Vegas?  I'd love to meet you next week.

Don't forget to check back next week for my Live from Las Vegas posts about the conference!