Of the Month - December

In this holiday season I always find myself doing a lot of evaluation and reflection.  I am so blessed and grateful for all that God has given me.  In this past year, He has truly blessed me.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to blog and share my teaching experiences.  I am even more thankful for all the other teacher bloggers and teacher entrepreneurs that have inspired me, challenged me and made me a better teacher.  I am still amazed each time one of my products in purchased on Teachers Pay Teachers or Teachers Notebook.  I want to use this opportunity to help others.   I have decided that each month I am going to pick one of my products as the "of the month" product.  100% of the proceeds from this product during the month will be donated to an organization or cause.

So without further ado, here is my first Of the Month!  For the month of December I will be donating 100% of the sales from Elf Yourself.  (I am actually writing this on December 2 and I chose this product because it has already had quite a few sales in the last 2 days!)  This is a fun little packet that allows you to put your picture, your students pictures, your children's picture, your co-workers pictures, you get the idea, in the face of the elf.  My students actually started this project on Friday and we will be "elfing" our 3rd grade buddy class this week!  Its lots of fun, super cute, and doesn't take all that much time!  It only costs $2.00 too!
Click the picture to find the product

So who will I be donating to?  Well, a few days ago I took my son to karate.  While there I met a man and his sons who are missionaries to Guatemala.  They have a ministry called Go Ministries.  You can click HERE to find out more information about them.  You can also find their Facebook page HERE.  We got to talking and he began telling me about something they would be starting in January.  They have selected the poorest school in their area and have committed to feeding the students each day.  Well this just went straight to my heart!  A school, feeding students that don't normally have a meal . . . my heart was instantly connected to this cause.  I have actually thought about it a lot and just knew I had to do something to help.  So this month I will be supporting Go Ministries and their new undertaking to feed the students. You can find out more about this program on their website.  Just click HERE!

How can you help?  First you can purchase Elf Yourself.  Your $2 from the purchase will go straight to Go Ministries.  Next, you can help me get the word out about Of the Month.  Feel free to Pin this post, post on Facebook or Twitter, blog about it, and tell your friends!  Thank you in advance for your support and help publicizing this new effort.  I am excited to see what will come of this in the future!

When I post Of the Month - January I will also post a final tally for December.  I'd love to have a tracker on the sidebar of the blog.  Anyone know how to do that???