My first blog award!


I was so excited to get a sweet post from Tracey at Multiage Days nominating me for a Liebster Blog Award.  Just one of those realizations that I may not be the only person to see what I put out there in cyberspace!  I know that on that day there were at least 2! 

So I did a little digging and here's what I found out about the Liebster Blog Award. 

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say "you're doing a great job". It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers!

That being said I am excited to accept Tracey's nomination and commence forth with my acceptance speech!  WAIT - don't leave - I was just kidding!  Actually, what follows is my end of the Liebster Award process.

11 Random Things About Myself
 
1.  I love peanut butter and chocolate - but not really chocolate by itself.
 
2.  I went skydiving in college but I didn't tell my mom until after I did it!
 
3.  I am a born and raised Texan!
 
4.  I am dreading turning 40 in 2013.
 
5.  I love teaching!  I actually practiced law for 10 years prior to teaching but I have never looked back!
 
6.  Jump off #5 - That being said, I pay an annual fee to keep my law license inactive because if I didn't I'd have to turn in my license and I worked hard for that piece of paper.  AND if I ever do want to practice again I'd have to take the bar exam again if I turned in my license.  There is no way I would self-inflict that experience on myself!
 
7.  I love Costa Rica!  I have been there twice and just love the laid-back atmosphere and the people. 
 
8.  I am an expert procrastinator.
 
9.  I am married to a great guy and have one awesome son!
 
10.  The time from Thanksgiving to New Years is my favorite time of the year.  I love being able to really focus on be grateful to others and giving back.
 
11.  I really want to be on The Amazing Race!
 
 
Now I have a set of questions from Tracey that I am supposed to answer.  So here it goes:
 
1. What is your favorite comfort food?
Ice Cream - hands down!  Unless its breakfast time then a nice warm cup of hot tea will do just fine.
 
2. What is a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?

Christmas music - I know that's not a song but I love Christmas music!  See #10 from random facts above.
3. What sound do you love?

A baby laughing.  It's just so contagious I can't help but giggle.
4. If you could throw any kind of party, what kind would it be and who would it be for?

A surprise party for a friend or family member.  I just love surprises!

5. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?

Take better pictures.  I have a great camera but I just don't have the eye.  I think I see it, but then click, check, nope - not it!
6. If you could be any fictional character from a book you read aloud in your classroom, who would you be?
Well as a 3rd grade teacher I would have to say Amy Cahill from The 39 Clues.  Now teaching kindergarten I would like to be Skippyjon Jones.  He has some great adventures!

7. What is one chore that you dislike the most?
Folding laundry!  I have the best hubby who usually takes care of this for me!
 
8. Who do you admire most in your life?
My parents.  I think they did an amazing job as parents.  They taught me to work hard and be thankful for what I have.  They raised me to love Jesus and be kind to others.  They helped create lots of family memories!
 
9. When your school days are over, where do you want to retire?
Anywhere in an RV.  I love to travel and see new places so retirement will be perfect for that!
 
10. When you have 30 minutes to yourself, what do you like to do?
Blog or shop!
 
11. What is something that you treasure?
I treasure my family!  I have an awesome family - immediate and extended.  I am blessed to have both my parents and in-laws close by. 
 
Thanks again Tracey for this award! 
 
Now its my job to nominate other blogs for this award.  That will have to come in my next post.