Gearing Up

So I have so enjoyed my summer.  We went to California and Colorado, had fun with my little guy and pinned lots of ideas for kindergarten.  Something happened in the last few days, it dawned on me that in just a little over 2 weeks I will have a room full of 5 and 6 year olds.  Did you hear that faint little scream from Texas, yeah that was me realizing that I have a lot to do!  First things first, make a plan!  Task number one - classroom!  At least if I have my classroom ready there will be some place cute (I hope) for those 5 and 6 year olds to go! Task number two - figure out what to do on Day 1.  I have a general idea in my head of what I want my room to look and function like during the year, but Day 1 has got me stumped!  After 3 years, I think I have the 3rd grade first day of school down, but not so sure I can carry that over to kindergarten.  So while I work on my room, I will be thinking of Day 1 and what I can do to build a solid foundation for the rest of the year.  What do you do on the first day of school?  Leave me a comment, I'd love to know!

Don't forget the 100 cent sale in my Teachers Pay Teachers store through August 13!  Add to it TpT Back to school sale for an addition 10% off.  Use the code BTS12 when you check out!